Hormones control a variety of body processes in women, including sleep, stress, hunger, and libido, to mention a few. We recognise how difficult it may be for women to comprehend the hormone puzzle, and we’re here to assist them better understand how their hormones function and how they might affect their bodies and health. Two of the most significant hormones for women are estrogen and progesterone.
Estrogen is a female sex hormone generated by the endocrine system and has a primary function of growth promotion. It has a role in the menstrual cycle, bone strength, and maintaining appropriate cholesterol levels, and is especially important during puberty and pregnancy.
Estrogen dominance is an all-too-common health risk for many women and men, despite the fact that it is not a recognised diagnosis. Estrogen dominance occurs when estrogen levels are substantially high compared to progesterone and/or testosterone levels, even if hormone levels are within the normal range. It has traditionally been used to define hormone imbalances in women as an estrogen-to-progesterone ratio that is pushed too much to the oestrogen side of the ratio. Hormone abnormalities in males, on the other hand, have just recently been better understood.
Effects of Estrogen dominance
- Estrogen dominance can be caused by a variety of circumstances in women include:
- Breast bloating, swelling, and soreness
- lumps in breasts caused by fibrocystic tissue
- diminished desire for sex
- menstruation cycles that are erratic
- severe premenstrual syndrome symptoms (PMS)
- fluctuations in mood
- Panic attacks and anxiety
- gaining weight
- hair thinning
- cold hands or feet
- drowsiness or exhaustion
- memory issues
Diagnosing high estrogen
If your doctor suspects you have too much estrogen, a blood test to assess your hormone levels will most likely be recommended. A qualified professional will draw a blood sample to be examined in a laboratory. Your estrogen levels will be determined by the results, which will show whether they are too low or too high. Pictograms per millilitre (pg/mL) are used to measure oestrogen levels in the blood.
Estrogen comes in three different forms: estradiol, estriol, and estrone. Estradiol is the most common female sex hormone. Estriol and estrone, female sex hormones, are very low. In non-pregnant women, estriol is nearly undetectable.
The following are some natural strategies to deal with hormone imbalances:
- Liver support: to properly and effectively metabolise oestrogen while avoiding toxins, including alcohol.
- Control stress levels: lowering stress levels can assist to regulate cortisol levels.
- Control insulin levels by eating a low-GL, low-sugar, low-carbohydrate diet.
- Avoid chemical estrogens by opting for BPA-free plastics or alternatives, switching to natural brands for toiletries and cosmetics, and going organic to reduce pesticide exposure.
- Shed pounds: remember that less fat equals less oestrogen production.
- Supplements: If your diet is deficient, we recommend taking supplements to help you get back on track
If you’re seeking for a comprehensive and reliable information resource on all aspects of fertility treatment in India, Wish for a Baby is a brand new fertility show. Whether people are just thinking about beginning a family, have been trying for a while, or want more children, India Fertility is here to help.
A comprehensive cutting-edge seminar programme will run concurrently with the exhibition; given by world leading consultants, clinicians, and specialists, it will provide visitors with a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to learn from the very best.
Exhibitors and presenters to the event will be invitation only, in order to guarantee that the exhibition stands and seminar material providers are a reliable source of high-quality information.
Participants will be asked to submit an application to the Wish for a Baby Board for consideration. For both exhibitor and visitor stakeholders, this tailored approach will assure the highest standards.
Wish for a Baby is an inclusive show, which implies that anybody may discover a road to parenting there, regardless of their relationship status, sexual orientation, or ethnic heritage.